Jonas Nyvang, Myspace
Marketing and content in the Nordic countries. Denmark is one of the most growing countries in Myspace. [Boring demo reel for Myspace] »People, content and culture«
110 million active users contra Facebook’s 80 m. 8 million artists and bands, 1.5 billion images on Myspace.
The difference between the two:
- Facebook: Social graph, the people you know
- Myspace: Interests, dreams and passions
Culturally relevant by developing local content locally.
- personal: Online profile becomes primary internet address
- portable: Seamless between socially based sites
gallery site launched today
3 sets of APIs
- OpenSocial w. Myspace extensions
Commitment to open standards.
Developers keep 100% of the revenue.
Hypertargeting is introduced (reach persons based on interests).
Increased functionality, more fun but don’t spam our users!